Date of Last Revision: November 1, 2017
Information We Collect
We collect information from the following sources:
Information You Provide
The types of information you provide varies and depends upon the Services you use, how you use them, and what you choose to provide. Examples include things like your name, email address, phone number, product or device information, gender, birth date, posted videos, photos, comments, likes, posts, interests, preferences, and location.
- create an account, register devices or products, or subscribe to or use our Media Hosting or other Services;
- make a purchase, such as purchases you’ve previously made, how often you make purchases, the number of items in your cart, and where you click on the web store;
- upload or post to or through the Services;
- sign up for communications from us, such as our newsletter or other updates;
- participate in an event, survey, contest, or sweepstakes;
- contact or communicate with us, including to provide feedback or request help; or
- submit technical information, such as to troubleshoot inquiries when requesting help.
Device, Internet, and Software Information
We collect information from or about the cameras, phones, or other devices where you use, install, or access our Services (“Device Information”). We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the Device Information we collect:
- operating system, device serial number, log files, firmware version, camera modes, hardware version, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers and settings, error rates, session counts, mobile device identifiers, system, version, technical specifications, time spent in portions of the mobile and online Services, features used, video and image modes;
- device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals;
- connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number, IP address, pages viewed, length of time spent viewing web pages, IP address, and pages you visited prior to navigating to our Services.
Ad Servers, Website Analytics, & Third Party Advertisers
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device’s help material. Certain parts of our Services may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect from all of our sources to help us provide, maintain, improve, and support our Services.
We may also use your information in relation to Haystack’s product offerings, such as to communicate information to you regarding your purchase or use of a Haystack product.
When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like geotagging photos and videos to identify where they were captured.
We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we collect to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
For example to:
- provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- show and measure ads;
- promote safety and security;
- understand and analyze our Services, including traffic and usage patterns and errors and bugs; and
- communicate with you, including about confirmations, order-related, services-related or customer support information, promotions and marketing, and other offers and newsletters (including promotions, giveaways, and other opportunities to interact with our community).
Social Sharing Features
When you use third-party apps, websites or other services (“Third Party Applications”) that use, or are integrated with or accessible through, our Services, such Third Party Applications may receive information about what you post or share. For example, the Services allow you to share your content, created on the Services, through social media and third party applications to which you choose to share. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
Third Party Service Providers & Companies
New Owner or Acquisitions
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner. If we acquire new companies, products, or services (collectively “entities”), we may share your information with those entities.
With Your Consent
We may share your information with third parties when we have your consent to do so.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least five years for analysis and to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Haystack’s Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. As such, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware of such collection of personal information we will take reasonable actions to delete any such information as soon as practicable. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to report concerns about underage users.
Haystack operates in the United States and, as a result, your information will be accessed and stored in the United States. Haystack also provides Services globally and may access or store your information in other parts of the world, consistent with this policy. Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may, for example, be transferred to countries outside of the EEA for the purposes as described in this policy.
California law allows residents of California to request details on how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a resident of California, and you wish to make a such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Accessing / Updating / Removing Information
Haystack customers may request access to, modify, and remove most information associated with their Haystack Service by logging into their Haystack Media Hosting service account. Within your account you can access your information, and edit or delete your information from your account’s Profile or Account Info. Be aware that deletion of your information may take up to ninety (90) days to complete.
or via snail mail at:
57 W. Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60604